Drug tests can detect THC metabolites in your system for up to a week after a single marijuana cigarette. Following even a single dose of edibles, marijuana metabolites are detectable in your urine and feces for more than five weeks.
If you need to detox from THC, consider using a seven-day detox kit. If you are a medium user, the detox will take seven days. If you are a heavy user, the detox can take up to 14 days.
In this article, we’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to cleanse THC from your system as fast as possible. This article also explains how to flush THC from your system rapidly—in a single hour.
Keep in mind that the effects of this rapid process are only temporary, and you will have to resort to one of the other methods to cleanse your system completely.
THC Detox in 7 days
THC is highly fat-soluble, and most of the THC binds to the fat cells, then slowly released into the blood, which causes a “high.” From the blood, the THC makes its way to the liver.
Your body primarily metabolizes THC in the liver, where enzymes filter the substance and result in THC-COOH. THC-COOH is the inactive metabolite that you excrete in your urine and feces.
THC-COOH can remain in your system for up to 30 days, and drug tests look for it in your urine to identify recent drug use.
The purpose of a THC/marijuana detox is to remove traces of THC from your system. Here are three things that detox will help you do:
- Switch your body to using fat for energy. This way, your body will break down the fat cells that THC binds itself to and release THC for excretion.
- Improve the activity of enzymes responsible for the metabolism of THC so that the THC will leave the blood faster.
- Prevent THC from being reabsorbed back into the blood from your intestines.
The following steps will help you break down the fat cells that THC binds to, improve your body’s metabolizing enzymes, and prevent your digestive tract from reabsorbing THC before you can excrete it.
Reduce Calorie Intake
THC is highly fat-soluble and can stay in your fat tissues for a long time, sometimes for months. Your fat tissues gradually release the THC into your bloodstream over time, and you excrete the THC through your feces and urine.
The exact amount of time it takes for your body to metabolize THC depends on factors like diet, body type, and metabolism. The more fat you have, the more THC will bond with the fat cells if you are a frequent user.
A mild user with little body fat will still have THC in their fat cells. People with a higher metabolism can remove THC from their systems faster.
The number of calories you can consume will depend on factors like your sex, age, height, and level of activity. The average calorie count for an adult female is about 2,000 calories and an average of 2,400 for an adult male.
Like reducing calorie intake, exercise is about burning off fat tissues that THC is bound to.
Walking and low-intensity cardio will help you with your detox. Because your body begins to get energy from body fat after about 45 minutes of exercise, you should exercise for at least 60 minutes to burn off those THC-bonded fat cells.
Drink at least 100oz of water daily. A high percentage of your body is water, and being hydrated influences pretty much every bodily system, including burning fat.
According to Johns Hopkins University, proper hydration contributes to weight loss by decreasing appetite and boosting metabolism, which leads to more effective exercise.
A study conducted by PubMed showed that drinking 500mL of water before meals improved weight loss by 4.4 pounds. Staying hydrated is essential for your THC detox because burning more fat ensures that more THC bound to your fat cells leave your system.
Consider Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a diet that involves hours of little to no food consumption during long periods. Some people use alternate day fasting or the 5:2 intermittent fasting regimen (fasting for two days every week).
Some people also adhere to time-restricted feeding, a regimen in which they consume all their needed calories during a window of six to eight hours.
The National Institute of Aging states that intermittent fasting can help with a THC detox because it triggers metabolic switching, “in which fasting triggers the body to switch its source of energy from glucose stored in the liver to ketones, which are stored in fat.”
Take St. John’s Wort Extract
St. John’s Wort is an herb that triggers CYP3A4 enzymes, which contribute to the metabolizing of THC. Take 300mg of St. John’s Wort three times daily with each meal.
Alternatively, take Panax Ginseng 500mg twice daily or Ginkgo Biloba 240mg daily. These will also speed up the activity of enzymes.
Take Activated Charcoal
Take 5g of activated charcoal 30 minutes before each meal. Activated charcoal is a small tablet of a porous carbon-based compound often used to treat poisoning and drug overdoses. The porous surface of activated charcoal has a negative charge, which attracts positively charged toxins.
Taking activated charcoal prevents the reabsorption of THC back into the blood. The THC instead heads to the digestive or urinary tract, where your body excretes it. Make sure you stay hydrated if you take activated charcoal. Water will make the process more efficient.
Consider Using Premium Seven-Day Detox Kit
The Premium Seven-Day Detox Kit contains all of the elements required to speed up the THC detox. The kit is best for people who want to remove marijuana from their system permanently.
How Does It Work?
The Premium Seven-Day Detox Kit improves the body fat breakdown and releases the THC stored into the fat cells. It also increases the activity of liver enzymes responsible for the metabolism of THC. This speeds up the removal of THC from the blood.
The kit also prevents the absorption of THC back into the blood from the intestines and increases urine output to cleanse your system quickly.
- Permanently eliminates marijuana metabolites from your system.
- Discreet overnight delivery is available.
- Undetectable by the labs.
- Comes with detailed step-by-step instructions and a healthy detox guide.
How to Cleanse Marijuana Out of Your System Even Faster
If you need a quick cleanse, the following methods can help your body metabolize THC even faster than the methods explained above.
Balancing Gut Bacteria
Cleansing your gut can help to improve your liver and kidney functions. It flushes toxins from your blood and creates balance in your bodily systems like the liver and the kidneys. Since both the liver and the kidneys contribute to metabolizing THC, this is important for a THC detox.
Vinegar has been used medicinally since the time of Hippocrates. Nowadays, research shows that vinegar can help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels and burn off fat more efficiently.
Vinegar is also known to suppress body fat, speed up metabolism, and suppress appetite. Since a THC detox focuses on burning the fat cells, vinegar is an excellent addition to your detox regimen.
Hydroxycut is a popular weight loss supplement that contains chlorogenic acid, which has promoted weight loss in some cases.
When I looked up Hydroxycut, I found many articles about how ineffective and unsafe it is. No scientific evidence supports the supplement’s effectiveness. My suggestion: Do some research before you take this route.
Eat Soluble Fiber
Soluble fiber is a dietary fiber that dissolves in water and enhances digestion and absorption of nutrients.
When dissolved, soluble fiber becomes a gel-like substance that slows down digestion. Soluble fibers absorb more water, which causes you to feel fuller and helps with appetite control.
THC Detox in 60 Minutes
If you need a fast THC detox to pass a drug test, you’ll have to flush your system. Your body excretes THC and other metabolites through the urine, and a drug test can detect them.
Flushing means temporarily removing THC metabolites from the bladder. Thus, the concentration of metabolites in the urine becomes lower than the detectable level.
To detox in 60 minutes, you need to:
- Increase urination to remove the metabolites from your body quickly.
- Stop new metabolites from entering the bladder. Your bladder needs to contain THC-free urine if you’re going to pass your drug test.
Flushing With Water
Flushing with water is the cheapest method, though it is also not very reliable. You will need to do a dry run before the actual drug test.
- Water to make you urinate frequently. This eliminates THC from your system.
- B2 vitamin (100mg) to return your urine to its natural color.
- 5g of creatine ethyl ester supplement to get your urine’s natural creatinine levels back to normal.
- A glass of grapefruit juice to speed up creatine absorption and slow down the enzymes that metabolize THC.
- Electrolyte drink will return the specific gravity of the urine to normal.
- Activated charcoal or wheat bran to stop your blood from reabsorbing THC from the intestines.
- Four hours before drug test: Take 10g of activated charcoal on an empty stomach.
- Three hours before drug test: Take 5g of creatine ethyl ester with a glass of grapefruit juice.
- Three hours before the test: take 100mg of B2 vitamin.
- Drink 27-30 oz of electrolyte drink every hour for the three hours before the test.
- Before your drug test, test yourself at home to make sure the detox worked.
Important Tips for Success
- Use creatine ethyl ester. It converts into creatinine quicker than creatine monohydrate.
- Take an aspirin four to six hours before the test. Aspirin is known to cause a false negative on a drug test.
- If you need to pass a home drug test (done with test strips), you don’t need to use electrolytes and creatine.
Fast Marijuana Detox Kit: Best Same-Day THC Detox Kit
This fast marijuana detox kit already includes all the required ingredients to flush marijuana metabolites out of the body effectively.
This is the best option for people who don’t have enough time to detox before a drug test. This option is best for you if you don’t want to stop smoking\using marijuana.
How Does It Work?
- Encourages frequent urination. This cleanses the bladder of THC metabolites and decreases THC levels in the urine.
- Blocks fat breakdown and prevent THC metabolites from returning to the blood.
- Slows your liver’s metabolism of THC so that your body doesn’t excrete more THC metabolites into your urine.
- Prevents your blood from reabsorbing THC from the intestines.
- Restores your urine’s natural parameters, so your urine doesn’t have a diluted appearance.
- Works in 60 minutes and is effective for up to five hours. Perfect of r random drug test.
- Includes detox drink and pills and THC test device so that you can test yourself before the actual test.
- Includes healthy detox guide with detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Discreet overnight delivery is available.
- Undetectable by the labs.
If you need to detox quickly for a drug test, you have several options available to you.
Because THC binds to your body’s fat cells, many weight-loss methods are also effective for cleansing THC from your system. Some of these methods can take a while, which isn’t an option if you have an upcoming drug test.
For a quick detox, a Fast Marijuana Detox Kit is the best remedy for flushing out your system if you need to pass a drug test but want to continue to use marijuana afterward. For permanent detoxification, we recommend the Premium Seven-Day Detox Kit as the best remedy.